Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty Printer cartridges? Change kids' lives with them

Options
  • 10-10-2003 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Mods: if you think this belongs elsewhere shuffle it about to your heart's content.

Thought this was a very worthy cause and very easy to do.

If the large companies in Ireland (Intel, MS etc etc) sent their printer cartridges instead of just sending them back to the Manufacturer for recycling, the Jack & Jill Foundation could make a HUGE difference to children's lives!

Jack & Jill

What they do:

The Jack & Jill Children's Foundation helps alleviate the very distressful suffering experienced by tiny babies born with severe developmental delay until they reach the age of four years. Today the sad reality in Ireland is that succour for children under four years of age and their families is at best underdeveloped and at worst non-existent.
    Most people are not aware of this distressing "age gap" in healthcare services. These tiny unhappy babies and their parents could be the forgotten people of Irish society.

For instance, babies born with cerebral palsy can be terribly damaged. They may be blind and deaf. They may not have speech. They may not be able to swallow. They may not have the use of their limbs. They may just cry ... and cry ... and cry ... for days ...

We are here to help babies born with severe developmental delay. Usually that means that they can not function at birth and require 24 hour care. This is not covered by most state or private insurance schemes and both babies and families suffer tremendously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I posted this on Friday evening and as most people were rushing out to the pub at that stage, probably very few people saw it.
    So I thought I'd post again at a busy time.

For every 100,000 printer cartridges that the Jack & Jill Foundation recieve, they get

250,000 EURO BACK!!!!!

I know someone who got their own company to do this, got their supplier to do it And then, the supplier has asked all of their clients to do it.
    If everyone on boards got their companies to do this the Jack & Jill Foundation could help a huge number of newborn babies and you really have to do very little, they'll even collect them!

The Foundation can help with stickers and things to get the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

Lovely Jubbly.
    I have at least 2 cartridges which are in my way gathering dust!

They even send you on freepost envelopes, or collect if you like.
    It's just a matter of sending a simple email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why is this in the Accessibility / Mobility / Disability forum...? :confused: I woulda thought that AH would be more suited...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Because its disablity related ?

On a side note if you've only a small number of cartidges you can just pop them into an envelope and post them to 'Jack and Jill Ticket Appeal, Freepost'.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Unstickying this thread due to the update from Jack and Jill - found here.
    http://www.jackandjill.ie/category/recycling/
    The Jack & Jill Foundation management has recently reviewed the Recycling Program and unfortunately, due to the the very weak return on time and logistics invested, has decided to stop the printer cartridge and the old computer collections. This will come into effect starting the first of May 2014 when we will no longer take on these kind of items. All existing engagements with our partners and supporters will be honored. Mobile phones collection will continue as normal.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement