Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Phone Tumours

• 10-10-2003 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Someone told me that when a postmortem was carried out on the body of Veronica Geurin, small tumours were discovered just above her right ear where she would have held her mobile phone for long periods of time.
    Anyone know if there is any truth to this ?

HD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

I heard that too. Whether it's true or not I don't know. Of course she would have had a pretty old phone so the one's these days may not be as bad :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I've herd alot about this tho i cant really seperate fact from fiction
    could be an urban legand could be fact it probally was the case with the old phones that looked like bricks had no rad sheilding at all.

truthfully i couldnt tell you if its true or not id probably say yes it is but thats why i text everyone anyway its a little safer than phoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

yeah...if we have to take in dangerous levels of radiation it might as well be through our hands:rolleyes:
    who needs those anyway....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Fry

...a little safer!

How does something like that, urban legend or real spread so far and wide? I have also heard that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭jd

A type of benign tumour called an acoustic neuroma is found on autopsy in about 2.5 % of the population- I think in women the % is higher..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

never heard this but from what ive seen my new 7650 nokia seems to infulence more of the gadgets ( restarts computer, interfears with multichannel box and the tv )around it then all my past mobiles

they definatly do somthing but to what effect im not sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

there are over 3 million phones in this country alone- not to mention the rest of the world. If they were to cause serious damage surely there would be lots of reports-
    I mean how many people were killed last weekend on roads by cars-
    how many people died from using a phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Probably a percentage of the people killed on the roads.... Get it, using the phone while driving..... /me is clever.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Originally posted by ur mentor
    there are over 3 million phones in this country alone- not to mention the rest of the world. If they were to cause serious damage surely there would be lots of reports-
    I mean how many people were killed last weekend on roads by cars-
    how many people died from using a phone?

Could be another case of 1930’s cigarette advertisement
    déjà vu?

Advertisement