Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DiscCon2004

Options
  • 09-10-2003 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Is anyone going to the convention this year? i was at the last one, and it was honestly the best weekend of my life so far. Met Terry (very cool guy) and all the people were just brilliant! and there was not a dull moment, constantly pissed, people in costumes, Church of Om on Sunday morning, Vampyre Ball on Sunday Night! Terry does readings and slags off douglas adams all the livelong weekend! it was feckin fantastic! no librarian though.........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

there was a thread about this a few months back, http://www.dwcon.org/ is the webby for the con. Its not very inspiring really. I would have expected a classier website

summary here for all you lazy folk who want your info spoonfed :p
    Its on in the Hanover International Hotel
    Hinckley, Leicestershire from the 20th to 23rd August 2004

£50 sterling for membership/full attendence pass, various concessions available to the usual subcategorys

The membership rate depends on the time of booking. Membership rates will rise by £5 on March 1 2004.

I'd love to go, but planning time off that far in the future is risky

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Lir

I will (genuinely) pass on the website comments. What exactly was uninspiring about the site?

But yes, I will be there (mainly 'cos the chairman would kill me if I wasn't) as will a number of other bods from Irelnad and all over the world.

I was at a committee meeting a few weeks ago and the programme is coming along very nicely, the hotel rooms can now be booked (online as well), preparations are under way for the Gala Dinner, the Masquerade, all of the other events, items and ceremonies and all of the guests are getting ready to sign as many books as they can.

It's going to be a fantastic weekend :)

Lir.
    Operations Manager, Discworld Convention 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

All websites are an abomination unto Nuggan anyway :D .
    I cant quite quantify what i dont like about it, don't get me wrong i'd hate it if it had dancing offler gifs and huge flash banners.......

in fact, ignore my ramblings and be about the more important tasks this con organising business surely demands of you.

Advertisement