Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

favorite World cup moment?

Options
  • 07-10-2003 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

To all you rugby fans out there, what is your favorite or most memorible (SP) world cup moment?? mine would be when Gordan Hamilton scored that great try in the Australia 19 18 Ireland match. I remember i nearly hit the roof that day when he went over in the corner!
    sadly Michael Lynagh's try beat us with last ditch try.

anyone else have any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by xern

anyone else have any?

No. That's my only one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

To all you rugby fans out there, what is your favorite or most memorible (SP) world cup moment?? mine would be when Gordan Hamilton scored that great try in the Australia 19 18 Ireland match. I remember i nearly hit the roof that day when he went over in the corner!

Mine three!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

best non irish moment has to be France coming back from 21 odd points down to beat the kiwi's at the last world cup..

After gordon hamilton..jeez I would have to think about it as we have not really ever set the world on fire at the worldcup have we..

This year, Im looking foward to a brusised Jonnie W leaving the field holding his shoulder against who...I dont care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Did anyone else notice the sky news pictures of the england team arriving in oz ?

Some aussie fans were there. Ok perhaps they were being a tad annoying but they were shacking all the english players hands.... except when wilko came out. A hand was extended he just blanked them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea - he seems to be just a tosser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Hamiltons try for me as well. Was in the stands that day and I honestly don't know what would have happened had we held on. As it stands its still one of my happiest memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

This is his account of the try!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/3140701.stm

as for jonny wilko he's a bit of a muppet! he must hate the media and hates being in the public eye!!! hopefully one of the south africans will give his shoulder a good bruising!!!

Advertisement