Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT... unwelcome element creeping into boards.ie

Options
  • 13-10-2000 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys...

Am I the first to notice the rude, annoying, offensive, peurile and, frankly, f**king juvenile behaviour of the user who goes by the moniker "Jip Head" on the For Sale board? He/She/IT doesn't seem to be alone either...

something should be done

bard.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I see he just incurred the wrath of Devore so I wouldn't worry too much.

When Devore says "we know where you live" he's not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Yip- the lads are on it ... emails have been flyin'... I'm sure they'll keep us posted.

bard.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

In the history of muppets, these guys are amateurs. We didnt break a sweat.
    DIT has been informed and the domain mass banned. Sorry regular DIT-guys, but thats likely to engender lynch-mob vigilantism. Which is precisely what we expect... smile.gif

Regi and Cloud (and blade!) have a particular knack of persistently deleting anything naughty within seconds of it happening... the Last Ten POsts thing makes this a doddle.

The patented 12-click de-muppetisation program we have is still in force too...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Great. Juuuusst Great.

Mr. Jip Head <or whatever name he's using as of this moment> Some of us actually access this site from dit for (and wait for it, this is the killer) PROPER DISCUSSION! - take a look at the humanties board if your not sure what i mean, thats right, it isnt just a vessel for your o-so-witty adolescent ramblings.

Anyway, I know for a fact that there are precious few people in dit that are aware of and access boards.ie on a regular basis, and I probably know this person aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

so use a proxy server - sheesh, some people rolleyes.gif

OM smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

well seems DIT always is getting mass banned :-)
    /me remembers back to the days of the IOL server them and maynooth too :-)

We'll must you hecate i'm sure but well think of it as you giving of your self to better the boards maybe they'll rename dev null after you smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

That's pretty conscientious of ye all, I offer my congrats.

I hope nothing like that happens in dkit or I would lynch someone, boards.ie is what keeps me sane up there. Whopper work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

very very true hecate, i check the boards almost everyday from Mountjoy square d.i.t, and i must say i am very sorry to see it reach this stage of developments,

stil i can see cloud and devores perspective, this site is juts starting to become kickin' smile.gif and the last thing we wnat is a bunch of a55holish gits fuppin around with posts and stuff

still i wont be able to spam as much now

smile.gif

/me hears devore cheer

Wyv......

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

LOL blitz
    oh yeha I've noticed that the posts registered time is working for all now biggrin.gif
    and also it says where they are posting from or what area they typed in
    great looking now wink.gif

:Oj:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and so it was that devore and co. have ruined the enjoyment for those of us that miss the old muppetry on the quake boards.
    god, its was actually amusing for a day and youve ruined it all for me.
    thanks tom, dan and lenny. thanks a bunch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

AH FFS what the fukk am i going to do in a 3 hour class of IT twice a week in Mountjoy (Dit that is by the way) ill have to listen to the sad twat babbeling on about Microsoft word or powerpoint FUKKEN GREAT!

One really annoyed Take-it!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Take-It, find out who they are and report them to the local IT cops smile.gif

We'll allow posting from DIT by tuesday probably...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

and so it was that devore and co. have ruined the enjoyment for those of us that miss the old muppetry on the quake boards.

Yes, they managed to get rid of PeeWee after all smile.gif

Sorry regular DIT guys, we'll allow postings again from your site pretty soon. Its only temporary, we find these muppets have a limited attention span and will pretty soon bug Local Ireland or someone else...

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Id love to but there is like 5 or more DIT's and finding one person might be a bit harder then you think hehe.

I've got a 2 hour IT on Monday from 4 to 6 (the only class i have on monday) and im not going in now because i cant access the boards haha.

You could ask Excelsior, they seem to know him, so maybe its vice versa...

aside: the guy who's mobile phone number they put up seemed to have an inkling who might have been responsible. He didnt sound at all pleased smile.gif and he sounded quite the ruffian hehe...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Take it, that is the lamest excuse I have ever heard for dodging a class!

Kinda nice tho, to know we make your IT classes complete biggrin.gif

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 johnrc

Why is this board called afterhours. I'm here now after hours but seem to be d'only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

hmmm I suppose their the hours that come after now wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

nope ur jusyt on too early, after hours start around now

aint that right monty smile.gif

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

they do know me.
    they used to hassle me back in secondary school a little bit.
    they are funny guys. ha ha.

my surname is hargaden.
    which almost rhymes with cardigan.
    5 years of hilarity.

anyway, i am unconnected to all of this de vore.
    i guarantee it.
    they will get tired of it. they dont ike to focus on the same thing for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

So basically they are as$holes?
    I had one of dem (guys that rekons its funny to be an ********).
    Nicked my stuff.
    Lost my temper. 'stuff.
    He never spoke a word to me again.
    Of course thats not always the answer. The thing is, simply ignoring them isnt any fun smile.gif
    They are stupid, and are there for the whole world to ridicule. You just have to point it out smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Paladin:
    Lost my temper. 'stuff.
    He never spoke a word to me again.

This is beginning to sound like that little short story you posted on the literature board biggrin.gif

You didn't kill him did you?

- Munch
    gibskull2.gif

Sorry excelsior, I wasnt suggesting for a moment that you supported their actions.
    The best way to get rid of them is to hand over details of their names and whereabouts (job/studentship) to me and I'll have fun with them.

Muppets come and go but the Boards.ie admins have outlasted them all hehe.

DeV.

Advertisement