Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia -v- Argentina

Options
  • 05-10-2003 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what result would give Ireland the best chance of qualifying. I know a draw probably would:confused: but I can't see that happening. The reason I am asking this is because I hate watching a match when I don't support anyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

An Australia win would be best because it would directly effect the team who we are more than likely going to be fighting for 2nd place in the group with.

If the Argies won it would put pressure on us to match their achievement and beat the hosts just to keep up with them.

Personally I don't think we have a chance in hell of winning the group so whatever favours the Aussies can do for us will be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

It may not be the best result for us but I would love to see the Argentinians do it. Maybe it just me cheering for the underdog but that result would make my day. Of course it would put us under pressure in the next match. All in all my head says Australia and my heart say Argentina, though both would settle for the draw:-)

Advertisement