Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interesting for text users....of phones i mean

Options
  • 12-10-2000 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

Everybody,
    If you want to  send SMS messaages via email clients (outlook or
    hotmail or
    yahoo etc), just do the  following  and it will send your email to
    that
    mobile......

+353"Phone Number"@esms.nu

Example:

+35386xxxxxxx@esms.nu -- For Esat phones

+35387xxxxxxx@esms.nu -- For Eircell phones

>From you to some one in Ireland, for example, it would be

0035387xxxxxxx@esms.nuor 0035386xxxxxxx@esms.nu

havent tried it myself, thats just what i recieved in a mail and i have no idea if its been posted before.
    come to think of it, i dont really care either...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If you look at the site you see that this is a billable service get a couple free then you pay per sms and per month!!
    I think I'll stick with dol

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

With DOL is it only esat phones you can send SMS to?

Well thats strange cause im from galway too and outa 68 in my phone book 5 people have 086 numbers. confused.gif

Just cause you only have 5 086 doesn't mean that the 087 network isn't a poor network and doesn't mean I have need to sms 087 phones. Anyway when you say your from galway wwhere did you lie in this post or when you registered. I know Athlone isn't that far away but it ain't Galway.

Kayos

Yep 086 phones only but I never have call to sms anyone on a eircell phone. The Eircell network in Galway is so poor Esat (or some esat dealer) ran an Ad Stating
    "You can even make calls on a Friday" since the eircell network always gave in on a Friday.... rolleyes.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

what about if you're are on 085 ?

Chill out dude, Im in Athlone during the week but am from galway, ive lived in galway all my life and started workin in Athlone in the last few months. My point is anybody I know that has esat phones has serious problems with reception and calls being dropped. I know there is a problem with eircells network getting overloaded at times but it is a lot better overall. And i can compare the two networks because i have a speakesay which i use from time to time but not very often cause its crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

oj have u got a meteor phone already?

Advertisement