Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im in school wh00t!

Options
  • 03-10-2000 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Dunno just saying that its 10:46 and its a rare occasion that i get to use the net at school soo wh00t!!

which was nice.......

-Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

ROFL!
    Yer, Net in shcool used ta be a special occasion.
    ahhhhh da memories.

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

wait til you get to uni then it becomes a long quene or a hunt to find a lab not in use

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lucky bastiges, when i was in college the only net we had was for the geology heads to catch their little fishies. Wait, there wasnt a geology course in ballyfermot. We didnt have ANY net, and of course we had to walk 15 miles with only a potato sack to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    wait til you get to uni then it becomes a long quene or a hunt to find a lab not in use

Tell me about it. The number of first years this year is unbelievable.

*******ing freshers stealin' our resources

Bah

I'm a MOG, half man half dog I'm my own best friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Im in college now so HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Q_Ball:
    Tell me about it. The number of first years this year is unbelievable.

*******ing freshers stealin' our resources

Bah

Hey Watch it I am a fresher now

Well it is 3:30 and I have just wasted 2 hrs making nothing but a simple program that feed s out my name and student id on request for imperative programing and what was so imperative about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 [KBT]Executive.T

Yeah , me too ! (fresher that is)

its funny that my old college had 3 computers connected to the internet. and out of the three. 1 was available for student use, but you had to get teacher permission and you had a teacher watching over your shoulder 24/7.

here its great. labs and labs and labs of pc's all with supa fast connections

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finished secondary school long before any of this Internet thing became the fad it is today... smile.gif
    In college, we had a 28.8 connection shared amongst almost 300 computers - that was great biggrin.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

Folks you don't know how lucky you are. At school, we had one Apple computer to share between the lot of us. I think the internet was still somebodies dream. Computer class was on a Saturday morning at 9.30 and we learned to program in Basic and C, Ah god be with the days. I even have a computer programming certificate dished out by the Department of Education as part of the leaving cert - now that must be a collectors item !!

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

At school we had no computers.
    At college in galway there was never really a q for pc's but undergrads couldn't access the net between 12 and 3.
    At the moment I have complete access at my own PC all day (being a postgrad is great smile.gif )

except I have **** all chance of ever getting this thesis done.

What about China? Have you seen the great wall?

All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Lord Khan:
    Hey Watch it I am a fresher now

so am i

failed first year frown.gif

I looked in the mirror and just had to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Computers and internet are Whopper!! I never had access to them in secondary school though and that was ****e. Some people did and really let you know how lucky they were. But now that I'm in college with... yes labs and labs of computers all with supafast connections whos laughing now I have to ask, whos laughing now.

Advertisement