Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To help keep track of the world cup!!

Options
  • 30-09-2003 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

To help keep track of the world cup. just input the scores and it keeps track of all the tables!!

I havent fully tested it but it should work!!

Enjoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Brilliant!
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Does it calculate the bonus as well?

Ah,

I did find a bug which I thought you may wish to know.

Groups B, C and D do not record Draws, instead giving a win to the first team.
    Group A however works perfectly recording draws.

And yes there seems to be a problem with the points:
    http://www.rugby2003.com.au/background/tournament/rules.asp
    Match points system:
    The following number of match points will be awarded for each Pool phase match:
    Win 4 points
    Draw 2 points
    4 or more tries 1 point
    Loss by 7 points or less 1 point

As it stands this spreadsheet gives 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and no bonus' points.

Bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

Ah Feck it !!! I'll have to got on to who ever made it and get them to fix it!!!

I think I've found another version (possibly by the same author -Logie) but with correct scoring.

http://www.scrum.com/rwc2003/spreadsheet/RWC2003.xls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

that one seems to be much better. good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Cool.

I've always wanted to know how to do these. I have to use a really kludgy manual way of inputting the scores on mine.

The second one may work better but you can't see how he did it because the bugger protected the worksheet. Obviously not an Open Source head, eh?

The first one though let's you see how he did it. Even if it doesn't work absolutely properly.

Lots of fun working out what the Offset function does.

Actually, I emailed the author and got this reply this evening:

"You are using the prototype version, created in June and sent to a few friends. It does contain a few glitches and does not include the bonus points scoring system.
    Obtain the up-to-date version from www.scrum.com
    Regards,
    Kevin"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I have downloaded the newer version of the spreadsheat but when I try to open it, first of all it say's selecr a worksheet and the only one listed is RWC2003 so I clicked that. But then I get a message saying:

This document is password-protected or encrypted.
    Open it in the application that saved it, remove the password or encryption, then save it again. Then try open it again in works.

Any idea's what could be wrong?

You need MS Excel.

It will not open in Works, because it is a protected document.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Is there anywhere I can download Excel for free? I always thought I had it on the computer but I must not. The best I could find was Microsft Excel Viewer which is a program to view files but you can't edit them.

No.

But there are alternatives. OpenOffice etc... but not sure on their exact compatibility (esp for protected documents)

Advertisement