Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

yuri's revenge

Options
  • 29-09-2003 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

any body play it much online just wondering if one race is way better then the other as happened in ra 1 ?? i like ra2 and play it quiet alot online so any comment would be cool

Comments

I only have a copied version of yuri but I might buy the game soon. I have mini ra 1 and red alert 2 though! Great series

Anyways I find that in ra2 I prefer to use the soviets, even though everyone always complains that the allies have better units. I love mixing apoc tanks and airships to decimate, just as long as you have a strong base.

In Yuris revenge though, I find that the airships aren't in any way as good - ie they're still slow, but weaker and dont have as much destructive power.

I also find that yuris side is far too unbalanced, as attacking his base is almost impossible if the computer is on brutal, cause in the end half of your force gets turned against you, while all your airships get blown to bits b4 they get the change to do and real damage!

excellent game though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I played RA2 a bit on-line, was good fun but does get quite samey after a while. aint tried RA2:YR much on-line, only gave it a few trys, but what I have found is that Yuri's are THE most annoying team to fight ever, you cant attack them, they cant attack you. Had a Soviet vs Yuri game (I was soviet), the game musta lasted over an hour and a half, only way I finally won it was with V3 launchers........ 15 of them backed up by a wall of apocs. Then once his perimter defence was down, in goes the kirovs, followed by apocs once all the yuri units are dead, and then I finally won.

Worst thing about fighting against Yuri is the UFO's, if they get to one of your power plants, your buggered, so you end up clumping all your power in 1 small corner and surrounding it wil flak..... and lots of it, I ended up with 10 flaks in my outer defence and 12 dotted throughout my base, I didnt bother with many Texla's though, tanks do a much better job at land defence, but flak traks are poop against UFO's so flak cannons are a must.

ps: utility_, take off that warez mention, warez is more or less banned on all boards.ie forums, you'll get a warning first, but dont mention the use or sites linked with Warez.

Advertisement