Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it gone?

• 29-09-2003 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭

Can someone help me? I have several issues of Cable from a few years back, but i now that i want to get back into it the only one i cant find any??? the only trace of Mr Summers that i can find is in a rather useless comic of the same same but he's more of a world war general???
    any clues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cable was canncelled and replaced by Soldier X which was also then cancelled.

There is a Cable/Deadpool ongoing by Fabian Niecieza (spelling?) thats out in the next month or 2. So thats all your gonna get of old Nate. He also appears in the Weapon X arc called underground or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

i dont think soldier x is gone...i still see it in other realms in cork....

thanks though... i miss his ones, now i have to settle for the cable in xmen and he just doesnt seem the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The cable series itself took a major turn into the soldier side of cable rather than the mutant liberator, so the best advice I can give you is to go onto the marvel website at www.marvel.com then go to the dotcomics, and read the issues it has of SoldierX to see if you're still interested in buying them.

I wonder why they did that. I was collecting it for awhile, the last few issues I have are kinda confusing cause of the spread of time between them. I know he was on his way to face down Apocolypse and the other is Cable is saying goodbye to x-force (another comic i wanted) and now i have no idea what happend until he he becomes a permanent name on the x-men roster

Yeah basically the way they've worked it is since bringing in the new writers and creating the new design for the whole x-men series, they decided that they'd create a time gap between the pre-change and changed issues. There is no indication that i've seen to say how long exactly, I think it might be a few months or it might be a year or two, but it's meant to give a fresh start for the writers so they can do what they want to with new stories.

Personally I hate the idea. I don't like the way it's been done, and with the new artist designs, costume changes, team changes, and stories coming from the series, i've grown bored of most of it. X-men adventures was the first Marvel comic I ever bought and I started backdating my collection from there. X-men were always my main comic but now i'm seriously considering dropping the title - it doesn't seem worth it even from a collection point of view. I never read them...I can't follow the plot because it has become so tedious and boring for me. The lack of colour is a major put off for the art, and the characters now in the series were mostly all secondary characters in the high days of the X-Men.

I also think that they're trying to develop the characters too much. Think real life - you develop through time yes, and sometimes you come to points of your life where you might choose a different path etc, but going through major life choices and changes once every few months and rediscovering yourself nearly every issue is a farce!!

• Advertisement

If you think the colour and changes in xmen is bad, have you seen the latest Wolverine and Gambit art work?

The change to gambit was drastic, it doesnt even look like him, i hope for the sake of fans that they drop that artist cause im a marvel guy and Wolvie is my main comic now cable is gone

As already said - Cable isn't gone it's just changed to Soldier X. I have collected Cable since issue 1 because I used to love him back in X-Force. I've also collected X-Force from issue 1 but am missing some issues. The one issue i've been looking for years for, has been Cable issue 16 with the hologram foil cover. I can't get it anywhere.

But cable and X-force just go to show you how much comics can change with the writers. The fact that X-Force changed into what is now X-Static for a load of issues, just goes to show that the creative team on some comics are idiots!!

Ah so thats what X-Static is, i've seen it around but been to afriad to pick it up, thought it might have to do with the kids cartoon of the same name, so that clears that up.
    Is it really that bad cause i too liked X-force (all the 4 comics i had)

Well the thing is X-static isn't really X-Force. X-Force was cannonball and shatterstar etc with cable leading them for the most part (and domino leading them later on), but around issue 120 or so that all ended, and X-Force became an entirely different comic. New characters, new story and new artist etc. To be honest it was a new comic but given the old title. Instead of starting a comic which had very basic X-men links and giving it it's own name, they stopped another comic mid series and started with something new.

Imagine getting Uncanny X-men 350 then 351 then 352 then suddenly in issue 353 the comic has the same title and same issue # but it's now all about superman or something like that. That's exactly what happened. So after about 10-15 issues they realised that people wanted the real X-Force back, so they reissued X-Static and gave it it's own series, then started back to the real X-Force characters.

Just start buying X-Force again when it starts coming out - if it starts coming out again.

Advertisement