Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New board suggestion

Options
  • 04-10-2000 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering why we don't have an Art board yet? Seems like a bit of an oversight.

<boards ppl> Well maybe if someone suggested it we'd have one, duh
    <me> I herby suggest an art board
    <boards ppl> right away sir...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Here here!
    I'm sure boards.ie has enough arty type people to make this a popular board.

/me shows off his phong shaded match-stick men, dancing around a photoshop rendered lens-flare

m33p

....but don't we all know the feeling of driving to town and suddenly realizing you still have your barn boots on....or reaching over to pick up carrots at the store and having alfalfa fall out of your hair.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yer Dabheoc, thats a great idea.
    It can duble up as da *cough* p0rn board too biggrin.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

... or where graphic designers could show off ...

... and when do we get the books board changed to "literature" ... or DO we? ...

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

sounds like a great idea. All dem budding arty types can wow us with their efforts.

People can encourage them, give advice... or just be nasty and take the ****.

As for Books being renamed to literature , Dev has promised that it will be done when the new look comes in.
    Until then there's no rule saying that you can't post about literature stuff other than books there. I'm certainly not going to stop it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

call it grafik design, or something like that, i sounds better than art

• Advertisement

yer but graphic design is 2D only.
    i'm assuming we'll be posting some 3d pics and links to animmations we've done also?

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 04-10-2000).]

Plus Art is shorter smile.gif
    biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by LoLth:
    Until then there's no rule saying that you can't post about literature stuff other than books there. I'm certainly not going to stop it.

I intend to... as soon as I get a chance to articulate my thoughts and get enough free time to make a worthy post of such a nature... and as soon as I get the second phone line reconnected at home, so that I can get on more often wink.gif

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

yes. Art is good and should beexplored in a manner only fitting to it.....a board....yes y'all a board.

roddens.jpg

a little something i'm working on for a local pub here at the moment to set the ball rolling. yes lucutus thats why i was looking for celtic fonts and leprachaun references etc. Needs alot of rethinking and reworking...hey, its only the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Oh very nice I take it you do all Angelfires design work?
    if so i think many many people whou like to kill you :-)

angelfire the 3rd sign of the apocalyse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Great idea i think, ive just got into producing some daecent (i think) 2d graphics lately, and ive bin turning to my fortress.ie buddies for criticism (thanks licksy smile.gif ) so an art board would be great to get opinions from the "pros" out there. Oh and ive got a great celtic font thingy for ya if u want it freak?

-Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

Well if there is an art board we should get a Non-art board where the rest of us talantless peeps can ***** about yet :-)

How about a ***** board too :-) where you can just ***** about somebody and nobody would even bother to read it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭DaBounca

Gr4PhiX

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

an art board would be real interestioning and I'm sure it will be very popular
    and packed with great pictures people put up
    sounds like a great idea !

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We've talked about this (a bit) around the admins etc and think its a good idea.

We'll include it when we change the name of the books board and are adding any new boards (cant think of any others off-hand).

I'd like it to cover 2D, 3D, Animation (flash most likely) and logos/web-bits.

A few examples from the masters of how to do some funky stuff could be arcieved off into the "annoucements" area which doesnt get old.

Good idea, we'll step right too it (with our usual slothly pace smile.gif )

DeV.

ps: until we change the name of the books board, do feel free to post any paper-based communication comments you might have, we certainly arent that sticky to stop topics on plays or the like.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 08-10-2000).]

Advertisement