Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Irish Run and Motion Analysis

Options
  • 19-09-2003 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Dear Athletes

As part of the run up to the Great Irish run there will be various Nike Motion Analysis dates leading up to the event.

Simply put, Motion Analysis is an analysis of your running style which shows how your foot contacts the ground whilst running ie if you over pronate, supinate etc etc. It involves running on a treamill for a few seconds and recording the motion from the rear. This motion is then viewed on a laptop using software allows us to view the gait frame by frame and even compare the running styles from 2 or more different types of shoe. This helps you see whch type of running shoe suits your style.

This service is completely free (in fact, each participant will recieve a free teeshirt) and is designed to help you the athlete stay as injury free as possible.

On the days listed below we will have physios in attendance to give any consultations and impartial advice that may assist you.

Nearly everyone who has undertaken the service has found it most interesting and benefitial.

You don't even need to wear shorts, just roll up your trousers, we will provide the shoes and as you are only running for a few seconds, you wont even break sweat.

The service will be in the following shops on the following dates

John Buckley Sports Cork, 27th Sept 10am - 5 pm
    Mick Dowling Sports, Terenure, Dublin 4th October 10am -5 pm
    Dermot Kerr Sports, Armagh 11 October 10am - 5pm
    Ger Wiley Sports, Dungarvan, 18 October 10am -5pm (possibly Friday also, please contact for exact details)

The Nike Trial Vans will be in attendance at the Great Irish Run and if you would like to trial any shoes, or even request a visit for this service for your club (all free) please feel free to visit and have a chat.

Alternatively visit www.nikebowerman.com and follow the 'Try our shoes' link

Please note that this is not meant to be advertising, it is purely a service which I feel will benefit a lot of athletes. Having spent the vast majority of my running career injured I wish i'd have had this opportunity as a young(er) man

Niall Linden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Change of dates

The motion analysis schedule for theweekend of the Great Irish Run have changed.

Friday 4th
    Elverys Blanchardstown 4pm - 8pm

Saturday
    Elverys Fonthill
    11am - 4pm

Advertisement