Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What went wrong?!

Options
  • 19-09-2003 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Ever play a game,where everthing is going well, you think victory is around the corner, then BANG! it all goes wrong for some reason. I remember playing a game of AOM , I though i had a good economy,army, etc, but did i bother go scouting around? Of course not, then next thing i know my base was completely on fire and under attack from all sides,needless to say wasnt my best moment :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

what went wrong was that you didn't scout :)

recon is one of the most important parts of any type of strategy/war game. if you know what they're up to, and can hassle their recon patrols so that they don't know what you're at, then you've a great chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Happened me once in C&C:Generals.

Happily playing along, have 6 oil derricks secured, lots of supplies flowing in, amassing a big tank army, getting my airforce up to scratch, then...............

Within 10 seconds my enemy (its a 1v1) has 6 nuke silo's up, and what made it worse, is that when the chinese defend, they can REALLY defend. He had a total of 12 bunkers, all full of rocket troops, and 15 gattling guns right behind them, needless to say I lost a LOT of air units trying to break in, tank rushing was pretty useless, as he also had quite an impressive air force.

Once all the nukes fired, and my whole tank army was depleted, 90% of my base vanished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

And this is precisely why Super Weapons, especially in Generals suck. At least in ra2 super weapons were powerful but not _that_ much that turtling was a viable tactic.

I've never had things go that wrong on me, but it has happened to the other guy. Won a game in ra2 once with nothing but a tech-airport, barracks, machine gun post and a refinery, after the other guy had levelled the "main" base. By the time he'd found it, I'd ripped his base and attacking forces to pieces with rocketeers because he'd pushed all his money into tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭HaVoC

lol that could have been me

Advertisement