Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Tools

Options
  • 18-09-2003 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

im looking for a message board for pro tools? any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭one-angry-dwarf

pro tools are evil
    as are drum machines and the entire 1980's

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

'official' forum is http://duc.digidesign.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

i get it, its a funny thing. thats the funny bit up there. the dead link.funny chap. wanna trade jokes via text?. oh Please. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭Shred

Nuffin' wrong with pro tools, 70% of me bands album was recorded through it, 100% mixed and mastered through it and it turned out great. Saved us money too:)

Originally posted by wild_eyed
    wanna trade jokes via text?. oh Please. :p

my mum told me not to text people who use pro tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Originally posted by one-angry-dwarf
    my mum told me not to text people who use pro tools.

Pro Tools is deadly as are 90% of all Music editing programs.

Next time your in a studio and your drummer misses a beat and you have to go back & re-record the whole fu<k1ng thing you'll be sitting there going "hhhmmmm why didn't we record it with Pro Tools and then we could just cut & paste a whole drum section"

Have much experience with Pro Tools do you, one-angry-dwarf?

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

hey hey hey, watch with the drummer bashing! LOL :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    hey hey hey, watch with the drummer bashing! LOL :D

True, apologies

I just said Drummers coz there the hardest to drop in and stuff.
    That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I just said Drummers coz there the hardest to drop in and stuff.

I dunno. I usually just push them down into the flight case and weigh them down with an amp - works every time.

:D

Originally posted by Smiler
    Pro Tools is deadly as are 90% of all Music editing programs.

Next time your in a studio and your drummer misses a beat and you have to go back & re-record the whole fu<k1ng thing you'll be sitting there going "hhhmmmm why didn't we record it with Pro Tools and then we could just cut & paste a whole drum section"

Have much experience with Pro Tools do you, one-angry-dwarf?

:o
    No, next time I'm in the studio I'll be sitting there going "hhhhhmmm, my drumming on that track was excellent, I didn't miss a beat once. I'm glad I don't suck like Smiler's drummer."

I don't need experience with pro tools to know that I'd be happier and have a greater sense of pride in my work if I didn't, for want of a better word, "cheat". So if I don't use pro tools the track will only be 99% perfect? big deal.

Cheating?

Grow up would ya you sound like a 17 year old

How is using Pro Tools "cheating".

Surely the objective is to produce the best record that you can
    and have the least mistakes on it. Regardless of how good you are (or think you are), everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you don't hear them until later on (dead ears. etc). Beter to go back and have the option to edit & fix.

Originally posted by Smiler
    Cheating?

How is using Pro Tools "cheating".
    i said for want of a better word, i know it's not "cheating" as such, but my point is that I'd rather be left with a drum track that hasn't been "fixed" and has slight imperfections than using pro tools. those little imperfections can contribute to the the feel of a piece of music, if certain notes are 1/100th of a beat off, so what? it adds character and keeps the music honest.

Surely the objective is to produce the best record that you can
    [/B]

exactly, the best record that I can make. not a record that i made which has been touched up using pro tools.

Grow up would ya you sound like a 17 year old
    [/B]

not that it matters but I am 17.slight

slight = mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

ah well, does it matter what others think of how you record your stuff? you dont have to tell them how you recorded it, once you like it as a musical piece its great, and if others like it its even better! :)

Advertisement