Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliens Vs. Predator Extinction

Options
  • 17-09-2003 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone played this yet, its out on the PS2, rented it out this morning and must say its quite different from your standard run of the mill RTS. Would like to see it brought out on the PC.

www.planetavp.com/avpextinction/info.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I smell a large Starcraft shaped Xenoform.

Marines = Terran
    Aliens = Zerg
    Predators = Protoss

Aliens even have a unit qhich creates Face Huggers in battle, Zerg queen anyone? In the pictures the marine flamers look almost exactly the same as Terran Firebats.

Admittidly graphics look more akin to Warcraft3, but it just looks too much like Starcraft. Anyways, I dont have a PS2 or X-box, and will therefore never play it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

maybe Starcraft copied the alien Versus Predator series

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Starcraft was released in March 1998. Long before any AvP games (the first was released in may 1999, over a year after starcraft), so I very much doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Yea your right keep thinking of the game and the concept as the same thing, after all the aliens and the predator have been around for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Starcraft was released in March 1998. Long before any AvP games (the first was released in may 1999, over a year after starcraft), so I very much doubt it.

The first AvP comic was realeased in 1993 (i think) sometime around the same time as Alien 3. So AVP is older then starcraft the 1st game was in the arcade in 1995 and then on the game boy and snes. and thne the jaguar 64 console...

And in an interview with Blizzard(old pc gamer mag now just when brrod wars was realeased) they say they were inspired by the films. but now feel they have surpassed the basic common ground between the 2 franchises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement