Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I entered the Martial Arts World Championships this weekend and I won a Silver Medal

Options
  • 25-09-2000 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

so i'm quite please smile.gif with my Silver Medal

hehe second in the WORLD smile.gif

not too bad i reckon!!

Wyverne

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 25-09-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

I was a bit disappointed at the start with Silver Medal position, but considering it was in the world im feeling a little better, did anyone else get a medal over the weekend????

how well did yis all do,

dave did you go m8, i never saw ya!!!!

hehe

Wyverne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Ah Cavedog you wernt wearin your big "I am a big h0" T-Shirt so I couldnt pick you out of the crowd!!!!

oh yeah I forgot to put the token:
    >M33p!
    cool.gif
    N

If the bottom falls out of your world, take Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Just curious,

But What Art?

And which organisation awarded this second ranking in the world?

How many countries were represented?

How many people competed?

What weight and class division?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Well done wyverne smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I was there all right on saturday only, but it was a 3 day event i couldnt see u either :/, couldnt spot shadow the scruffy knacker either wink.gif

-Dave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

and well done ya mad whoore smile.gif

-Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by irishassassin!:
    couldnt spot shadow the scruffy knacker either wink.gif

LOL biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Played Joe!

And emm, sorry about keeping you up the night before wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Whats this?
    He plays quake AND hes an athlete of international standing?

Nice one dude.
    /me looks contemplatively at 'shrine' of trophies collected before the advent of online gaming.

Hmmm. Sitting playing quake for hours, and lack of athletic sharpness.
    I wonder if there is a link :-/

Still nicely done.
    I bet ppl always ask you to show them karate\othermartialartshere when you tell them you know it smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Yeah well I won a west cork hurling final on Sunday

BEST IN WEST CORK :P

nice one m8 and ffs mail me smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

Originally posted by Jak:
    OK just to answer all of jaks obviously sceptical questions, here it all follows:

Q. But What Art?
    A. I personaly do Tae Kwon Do, but this is the World Open Championships where all arts are invited, and over the course of the three day event, 13 different arts were represented from tae-kwon-do to karate to ninjitsu, jujitsu, akido, kempo, kung fu and a host of other arts that i can neither pronounce or spell

Q. And which organisation awarded this second ranking in the world?
    A. The open which is held alonside the olmpics every four years, though is usually called the L.A. Open because its held there, is held by different organisations each time its held, sort of like different countries holding the olympics.. this year it was held by A.I.M.A.A. (Action International Martial Arts Association)

Q. How many countries were represented?
    A. I honestly do not know, but i for one competed against scottish, welsh, english, american, canadian, korean, pakistan and paraguain competitors, i also saw, the uraguans, croatians, chinese, germans, french, argentinians, brazilians, and a few other national teams from other places that i cant remember at the mo' but when i do i will tell you

Q. How many people competed?
    A. Approximatly 1,070 competitors

Q. What weight and class division?
    A. I am in the +18yrs, heavyweight +13Stone division

and of course jak if you really really doubt my genuine talents, we could always set up a meeting and i will show you exactly why i am second in the world

look forward to hearing from you beeeeatch,

oh yeah forgot token smile.gif

cool.gif

Wyverne

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I entered the Super Smiling Happy Non-Suicidal People Championship and I won!!

Granted I was the only one there... but I did exactly like the lady in the white coat told me!!!

YAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Oh yeah, well done Joe.

Start learning some Jap Slapping my son, 'tis great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

No need to be so defensive.

In my experience there were just a hundred and one organisations holding tournaments and handing out titles .. so i get curious when i hear someone claim a 2nd ranking in the world. I'm sure some congratulations are in order judging by your description of the event, but I'm sure you'll also know that martial Arts is hardly a unified sporting arena.

As for your final comment, well you obviously took offence to my post, which was not intended.

I don't really see the need for the tough guy bravado though. If you are genuinely interested in sparring for practice (not freestyle - Boxing), then maybe when i finish with my thesis you can mail me and you can come down to my club and we can spar.

Cheers,

JAK.

[This message has been edited by Jak (edited 26-09-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Just a quick q,

was it points or continuous sparing??

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I Was going to go up but my club is going to Cork this weekend instead and I'll enter the u/17 point sparring.
    Well done Wyverne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i have a green belt in karate
    although i quit when i realised it was utter ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭metalchicken

well done Wyv smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Originally posted by Stephen:
    LOL biggrin.gif

Bl33t
    tongue.gif

If the bottom falls out of your world, take Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

Advertisement