Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acoustic Guitar Pickups?

Options
  • 12-09-2003 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any good, yet cheap acoustic guitar pickups. I can't afford a semi-acoustic guitar so pick-ups seem to be a good way around this, as my acoustic at the moment pretty good, with a nice sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭mirv

Uhh, there's an ultra-cheap one on peats.ie. It's probably ****e and not worth it though. Bare in mind you'll need an amp or at least a nice stereo with the correct inputs to make it sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I got a nice little transducer for my spanish acoustic (apparently the only way to do it with them) for round 50e in perfect pitch. bit hard to get it to stay on but nice sound out of it :)

It's hard to tell whether its the acoustic sound or the amp sound which is sounding good. Try recording the output too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dragon_ninja82

If moneys an issue you prob dont wanna pay teh high price of gettin a pickup installed on an acoustic (its quite expensive). You could try one of those shadow pickups that you place on the sound hole. I bought one for around 65 euro's, it aint bad, I wouldnt record with it (allthough acoustically I wouldnt record with any pickups, I'd always use a really good mic) but I played live with it and a few people told me my acoustic sounded pretty sweet on stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

It's just me and a friend are thinking of maybe doing a few colege or pub gigs with 2 acoustics. We can get one semi acoustic so we need a pickup for my acoustic. We'd probably be plugging them both into the P.A. so i don't exactly need a top notch pickup.

• Advertisement

You could always mic' the gig like. It probably would sound a lot more natural if you can get a decent recording quality microphone.

Advertisement