Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local music

Options
  • 12-09-2003 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any good local bands, that might be willing to play in Buncrana?

Trying to set up a few gigs in the area... any type of music will do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭JJSolutions

I played up around there a few times in a band called tamarack.

My brother plays in a band called "killing time" they are based in donegal/killybegs. They only play weekends.

PM / email me if you want his number.

Im also geting my old band together too, hopefully we will be gigging by the new year. Ordered the new PA last week. Need to get back up to speed and then we are hittin the road jack :)

What kind of money/gigs are you taking about?

regards

joe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Well, we've now (at last) got a couple of bands lined up for a gig in either the Tavern in Fahan, or the Lake of Shadows here in Buncrana. That should be in a week or two.

The gigs will be fundraisers for Local Initiative, which will in turn be using the money to finance future gigs, among other things, in Inishowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

good shape, tell us more of the line up of the weekend in question.

Wow, busy week. Organising a gig isn't as easy as some might think.

Finally however, we've done it.

This Friday, the 26th of September, there will be an acoustic session in the Tullyarvan Mill Buncrana, in aid of Local Initiative.

Music will be provided by Tranquil Eyes, a local guitar and violin combo, and Brian Collins - runner up in last years Irish Song Writing competition.

Doors open 8pm, Admission is €4.

Should be a good gig :D

..also, the website (http://www.localinitiative.org/) is now up and running.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah I remember Tamarack! Ye played in Baby Joe's in Donegal Town a few times if I recall correctly. Pity Joe's closed but ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

the mill was great last week. a well needed change from roddens.

if you end up getting to choose between the lake and the tarvern, go for the tavern. it's so much more fun, and always gets a reasonable crowd.
    though chances are i'll be there either way.

good luck :)

Glad you enjoyed it :)

Assuming nothings goes terribly wrong, The Tavern is on next Friday (10th October). We've got Poor Mans Horse (James Coyle, et al.) and Max Goodbody (a band from Letterkenny) lined up as well as a hand picked selection of tunes for in between acts.

We're just waiting on the final OK from the Tavern at this stage, but I'll update www.localinitiative.org once everything is confirmed. Posters should be out around the town by this weekend.

Advertisement