Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA's Mike Tyson fights kickboxing-kungfu

Options
  • 09-09-2003 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

According to the BBC World news it seems that Mike Tyson may be getting back into the fighting ring again thanks to Japan's K1, the Japanese sport K-1 is a mix between Kickboxing and Kungfu and lots of foreigners take part in the sport.
    other American stars have already moved to K1, one person, the former American footballer Bob Sapp. Sapp is a big man, stands about 6"7 and weighs in at around 215Kg.
    The American footballer Sapp has enjoyed some wins in the K-1 sport with his agressive attacks and bashing of opponents, but Sapp has also been Knocked out by Kicks from K-1 fighters about one third of his size.

Is this a real sporting contest, or just another way for these Celebs to make more money from a Celebrity Death Match to amuse the public?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

Any speculations on what the result of such a bout might be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ZeFrog

Do you have a link to this ?

Sounds weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by TetsuoHashimoto
    Sapp is a big man, stands about 6"7 and weighs in at around 215Kg

this man is able to squash an apple with 1 hand :eek: fecking scary. saw it on Jay Leno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by TetsuoHashimoto
    Any speculations on what the result of such a bout might be?

Tyson would get his arse spanked

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

It is amusing to think that a man famous for breaking the rules of his sport by biting someone is going to try his hand at a sport where biting is (or at least used to be) a legitimate technique...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

if you want to see what K1 is like you can check it out on eurosport soon, check my post here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114594

afaik bob sapp is only 370lbs not 215kg, he has very little skills and can't kick at all, if he were to fight tyson it would effectively be a boxing match and sapp would lose badly.

If tyson were to fight someone with more skill and ability to kick like Cro-Cop or Ernesto Hoost imho he would lose.

here is a highlight video of Hoost
    http://www.sherdog.com/videos/hoost/hoostvideo.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

bob sapp is a defensive lineman for the tampa bay buccaneers, as far as i know. he is absolutely huge, and it is hilarious to watch him fight cos............ well hes massive!
    i would want sapp to win , but im afraid that tyson would easily beat him. sapp just isnt as good a boxer as tyson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

I seen that sapp guy comin into da ring one day. I thought he'd kill yer man - he was 5 foot nothin!

Yer man gave him a kick in da head and twas all over!!

Sur wouldnt a kick in da bollicks knock a racehorse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Kev

the croatian is Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, he punched sapp with his left hand and fractured a bone in his eye socket, ending the fight.

i don't know who the 5 foot guy is who knocked him out with a high kick, are you sure it wasnt cro cop, although he is 6'2" ?

http://ko.sherdog.com/fightfinder/displayfighter.cfm?fighterid=2

• Advertisement
Advertisement