Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Magazine

Options
  • 09-09-2003 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I was reading the lastest issue of PC Plus magazine when I noticed a full page add for a new magazine from Future Publishing called "GameMaker".

Essentially it seem to be about level design, 3d modelling, scripting etc, more driven toword mod making by the looks of thing that fully fledged game creation. But I'm sure a few heads to look in on this board may be interested. Due to hit the shelves in October. Nothing on the future pub website as yet, if I found out any more details I'll follow-up to this post with them.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Wow, sounds cool.

Kepp us updated? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd get it too. Sounds interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

E-Mail received from future publishing's customer service dept.
    ========
    Dear David,
    The first edition of the Gamemaker magazine will be on sale on the 18th of this month. At present it is a one off publication which is not available on subscription.
    Kind regards,
    Alan.
    ========

So I'll be picking up a copy in easons hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Looks promising, hope it continues past the first issue though, is that the 18th of september or october

Shin

Shinzon: in answer to your question...Yes.

I'd say the 18th of september. Future publishing have a habit of releasing magazines for a particular month during the preceeding month. Also the mail I received said this month. I might give eason a call later and see will they be stocking it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going to give it a look purely for the fact that I want to live my new dream of doing a source engine TC to a 2D style scrolling shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

That sounds like a good magazine. Let us know if easons will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Anyone get it ?

kdjac

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

sale

That word does not bode well with my pocket :)
    If only New's At Ten was still around - You could just stand there and read it all day with little to no hassle.

I checked lasted week, it hadn't come in, and no one seemed to know if it would be coming in. I hope it wasn't getting a UK only release. I tried phoning Eason on O'Connell st today but just kept getting pushed on to someone else and put on hold.
    GAH!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Saw it yesterday in Easons. It looks pretty good. Its got loads of tutorials and has a cd/dvd of programs and different tools etc. Had tutorials for mapping in hl/q3/gtavc/max payne i think. All the main gaming engines. Also had a modelling tutorial in milkshape and 3ds max.

It had a mod timeline aswell, showing all the major mods from pretty much the beginning of games, which i though was pretty cool. I think i'll buy it tommorrow.

Forgot the price aswell. GG brain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

i think i'll buy it tomorrow, if it does indeed boast said features :D

Well if you haven't gotten it yet then you are going to be disappointed, it's sold out of everywhere I've tried, I got on the future publishing to order it and they didn't even have it on their system. GAH. I'm raging. I really wanted to get my hand on a copy.

Although easons are under the impression that issue two will arrive between 18 -23 of next month.

Advertisement