Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get travel insurance?

Options
  • 08-09-2003 1:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm heading to Italy this weekend for a week, and was wondering - where is the best place to get simple travel insurance?

I have no credit card, so getting it online is out of the question.

Thanks.
    Sinecure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

most travel agents do standard travel insurance. so either go to the place you got the tickets or any old random travel agents will just sell you insurance

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Drop into your local AIB or Bank of Ireland and they'll sort you out. Don't think it's too expensive with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you have VHI, you may be covered for out of country medical expenses - check your policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

How about travel insurance for a year travelling in Australia?

Anyone know who does a good deal for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

For 1 years worldwide insurance go to Sayit in temple bar , www.sayit.ie , i got mine for 370 compared to 550 in trailfinders.

But if you have a vhi policy , check with them , a plan b policy is only an extra 100 odd euro on top of the existing policy amount and it means you dont have to break your service with VHI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

www.flightsearchers.ie for beany provided you are under 65 and living in ireland they even do back packers single trip very cheap
    Some credit unions i think do travel insurance too
    gonk

Advertisement