Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to Paris on the 9th - any places worth visiting?

Options
  • 01-09-2003 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭

I've been to Paris before and, other than seeing the big touristy things, I'd much prefer to travel well off the beaten track.

I like art, photography, architecture, coffee, alternative/avant-garde/indie music, politics, food, history, nice things cheap things, shopping.

I don't know Paris well at all, so any tips for getting oriented, like Event Guide thingies, etc would be useful.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

For eventguides try

www.timeout.com/paris
    http://www.expedia.co.uk/daily/wg/P45381.asp?CCheck=1

Go to ANY newsstand and ask for 'Pariscope'

Comes out every Wednesday for 30c and will give a listing of all theaters and movies in Paris for the coming week. Easy to follow even though it is in French but the last 5 pages are in English.

www.mappy.fr to get a map of any street address in Paris.

Oberkampf, in the east, is a pretty trendy part of town where you won't find many tourists. Cool bars/muic/hightlife where you can find a bar playing YOUR kind of music :)

The Marais (3rf and 4th) regions of Paris is the gay/Jewish part of town and is also a pretty cool area to check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you like Picasso, the Musée Picasso in the Marais is very impressive, it's arranged chronologically and gives a very good impression of his development. Far and away the best single-artist museum I've ever been in.

As Ponster says, the Marais is also a very nice area to wander around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

you can never beat pissing off the Eifel tower...

Advertisement