Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer latency

Options
  • 30-08-2003 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hey, im running cubase with amplitude amp simulator running and my guitar is going directly into line in. when i hit a chord i can hear the dry chord back in the head fones simultanously and then 2 seconds later i hear the wet version of the chord, i.e. the effect that amplatitude puts on it. i find this very hard for recording. as it completely puts me off time, how can i get around it, if i can at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

In Cubase, you can lower the amount of audio buffers, this will decrease latency. (lowest I got was 12ms)
    And try changing the audio driver to ASIO Direct Sound.

The quality is reduced though.

Here is the best solution.

DO NOT USE MONITORING.

Yes turn it off, you can apply delayed, modulated, chorus and other effects later.

Monitoring is essential only if you need to hear the exact affect the effect is having, like a delayed lead riff for Welcome to the jungle for example, and even then it's not essential if you know what your doing.

Distortion is best used through a pedal and then into the Line in, as it's hard to add Distortion later.

I know this sucks and not the ideal situation, but it's the only way to kill the annoying delay you get.

Oh it records at 0ms latency, so you need not worry about that.

Advertisement