Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Enniskillen

Options
  • 30-08-2003 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm thinking about the possibility of moving to Enniskillen. Being from Galway area, of course I have to consider carefully where to purchase a house in the town. Unfortunately it's not just as straightforward as here.

Just wondered if any of you guys living ''next door'' to Fermanagh, would know anything that might help me?

Does anyone know how I can find out which areas (not expensive areas) in the town would be ok for me to purchase in? Either in the town or in any of the areas from Enniskillen (in Sligo direction) up, out and down to the border areas?

Of course if an area has a flag on every lamp-post, then I know to keep away. But how do I find out if it's ok to live in less ''obviously'' segregated areas?

Does anyone know which areas in the town might be ok for someone to live in, who has an obvious Galway accent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I dont live on the Cavan/Fermanagh border and be in Enniskillen or pass through it a couple of times a week, i wouldn't worry about the galway accent there its not as bad as most of the north its actually mainly a catholic area.

I'm not sure of residential area's down there but i can't think of any places with flags up or painted kerbs either!....hehe

There's a lot of southerner's moving down there at the moment because of the new Quinn Direct office opening up.

your best bet is to goto local estate agents and and auctioneers and around and price.

I be down there most weeks so if you want to know anything just pm me

Farlz

Advertisement