Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digi 001

Options
  • 28-08-2003 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

some Q's

apart from the 002, is the 001 the best thing to use on your computer?

does it offer 18 ins as oppsed to 18 in and outs?

is there different models for windows and macs?

how much is it worth?

will it only work with pro tools? or can i use it with cubase or logic audio recording software?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Yeah, it's great. Rockin'.
    Unless you wanna record music. In that case, burn it. Then stamp on it.
    That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

i think even admins would agree that if you cant help, ...dont post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Apart from the 002, is the 001 the best thing to use on your computer?

Unless you have some BIG money to invest yes. But it must be a *GOOD* computer (E.G. Mac G4)

does it offer 18 ins as oppsed to 18 in and outs?

It's 18 between ins and outs but that includes the monitors, digital in/out, coaxial in/out, etc.

You can record only 8 tracks simultaneously unless you buy also an expensive A/D Converter (E.G. Alesis AI3)

is there different models for windows and macs?

Nope, it's the same

how much is it worth?

Around €1200

will it only work with pro tools? or can i use it with cubase or logic audio recording software?

Not sure... I don't think so. It comes with Protools 5.2LE though

More info:

www.morellorocks.com/resource (Recording Equipment chapter)

www.digidesign.com

Have fun :)

Alex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

'Best' Depends on what you want to do with it. For audio manipulation ProTools is meant to be great (The MAC version, the PC version is apparently poo) but for Midi work it's way behind the other leading sequencers/workstations.
    Basically do up a list of what you want to do with your software then check it against reviews of ProTools/Sonar/Logic/Nuendo/Cubase to see which fits best. Buying a Protools based system just because it's widely used is a bad idea (since from what I've seen a lot of the folks used as references for buying bought theirs because other pro's already had it....bbbbbaaaaahhhhhhh (as in sheepy bleat :) ) ). But of course if it does what you want best, great.

Advertisement