Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re

Options
  • 28-08-2003 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

The message has gone away on my card.... here's what happened.
    I came home last weekend (after being away for a week), when I powered up my Digibox and inserted my card a screen came up saying "Please Wait - Initialising new Card" or something like that.
    The message would not go away so I just presses 103 and I went to UTV.
    However, I have noted the following since:
    - No "Message of Death" :ninja:
    - Can't access the Sky Customer channel :o
    - There is not the normal "Channel Description Information" on many of the subscription channels :confused:
    - There is no "select to view" option on Sky box Office, adult channels, etc. :rolleyes:
    - I can get all FTV channels, inducing UTV, C4 and C5 :cool:

I'm Hoping it will stay this way!!!
    :D Happy Days :D

Anybody Else Experience This?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭maisflocke

you lucky sod ;)

You can still access Sky customer channel through the back-door
    select Interactive, Sky Active -edit- then Skyzone -edit- and then Customer Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Skyhater I Welsh & English cards that do not get the message of doom:ninja: ,but I have a Scottish one that does.But the only thing is that all version 1 cards will be switched off by the end of september according to page 698 on BBC text.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sky has switched to the new encryption on all the non-FTV channels (FTA don't use encryption of course). This is why now that type 1 cards don't work on Sky Welcome or Sky Customer etc.

Some days I get no "Doom", other days maybe a few hours clear, other times every 10..15 seconds. I think they rotate the message around the cards.

Sky News gets it, but of course Sky News works if you pull out card, then of course no doom message.

Advertisement