Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for Anna! - 1540 920 101

Options
  • 14-09-2000 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

If youve been watching Big Brother and wished you could vote without being charged a fortune, nows your chance.
    1540 920 101
    this is to vote for Anna to win, who lets face it, apart from being Irish is the only normal person in there.
    Calls cost only 46p and you only stay on the line a sec.
    Craig is ahead in the polls at the moment according to insiders but its not all over yet, so get voting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Ah Dustaz, You finally arrive at the Boards my friend. They all do...muahahaha!

Welcome.

Now, I'll collect the cash from you on this later...

Hey everyone!

As Commander and Lucutus of Borg, I wholeheartedly support the use of the above phone number for use voting on Anna in that Big Brother thing. This number has changed my life. It can change yours too. Give it a try, after all, I did.

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

made that call... G'wan the Dublin lass!

<< Find out the results this Friday at 8.30pm >>

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

Gwan Anna, she got my vote.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Dustaz:
    who lets face it, apart from being Irish is the only normal person in there.
    Not a chance. She's a muppet. Am I the only person in the world that thinks that is not a very nice person?

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Draco:

Not a chance. She's a muppet. Am I the only person in the world that thinks that is not a very nice person?

Draco
    yep smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Zapper

Anna Rox, i voted for her, rather her than Craig or Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Craig's a scous git. There is no sense of humour in him. He's a stumpy vain tube who likes men with big bodies.

Darren's a sissy who can't say anything bad about anyone ever. He's obviously the mammy and not the daddy to his wee 'uns. Get that dress back on ffs. He's also a vain *****.

Anna is a funny girl who likes to show off in front of cameras. She's so cookie cos whe's lesbian AND an ex-nun. How exciting. Least she is genuinely funny like.

If you think I'm froking out for a premium rate phone-call to vote for these people... I mean who the fu(k are these people?

(..me sneaks off and votes for Anna..)

/me can't believe he did that:/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

from ireland.com
    The premium rate telephone number allowing Irish callers to vote for a winner on Big Brother which was described last night by Channel 4 as 'totally bogus’ is, in fact, legitimate, the Regulator of Premium Rate Telephone Services (Reg Tel) confirmed this morning.

The three 1540-prefixed telephone numbers, launched yesterday, are above board, said Mr Fred Hayden, Regulator at Reg Tel. He confirmed the number is being operated by Budget Telecom, a licenced network operator in the Republic.

Mr Tadhg O’Toole, from Budget Telecom, said that callers using the 1540 number to register their votes for a winner on Big Brother programme are getting through to Channel 4 and being counted.

Calls through the 1540 numbers in Ireland are being passed from the Budget Telecom onto Nevada Tele.com network in Dublin. Nevada then carries the calls over its international network to its exchange in London. There calls are connected British Telecom network and terminated as if they originated in the UK.

Mr Gerard O’Keefe, Managing Director for Nevada Tele.com also confirmed that calls made on the 1540 numbers are routed to the Big Brother telephone lines, allowing Irish callers to cast their votes.

A spokeswoman for the Big Brother programme said Channel 4 is investigating the matter. She said Channel 4 did not establish a number to allow people in Ireland vote. But, she said if another company had done so, it must be a good thing as it gives Irish people a chance to have their say.

The 1540 numbers, which cost 46p per minute, were set up at 10 a.m. yesterday and a press release was issued to promote the service. According to Mr O’Toole, the response has been extraordinary with over 52,000 calls logged by 9 a.m. this morning. At peak times over 10,000 calls were registered per hour yesterday evening.

"It just exploded. Budget Telecom had an existing deal with Nevada and just set up the number for a bit of fun - to see what would happen," he said.

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 15-09-2000).]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

ROFL!!! A classic! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Excellent.....truely excellent.

It was in The Irish Times and all so it was.

Someone's got balls i must say.

• Advertisement

*Redial mode re-engaged*
    Just got off the phone to someone and was about to post the same thing as the ammended statement smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Dustaz (edited 15-09-2000).]

yes, unfortunatly craig is going to win.
    a triumph for the Sun readers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

All the intresting people on BB in the US have already all been voted out. The only ones left are dry boring ****es.

They even offered a bribe to the people in the house to let a model join to help boost ratings and they all threatened to walk out citing "Some things are worth more then money". rolleyes.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

have another look at my post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I cant stand anna, i find her to be a bossy, manipulative, self centered bit...person!!
    Craigs going to win

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

As a matter of intrest, who won the thing??

John

craig, eh eh eh eh eh eh eh
    Anna came second and got a holiday to barbados. There was 2% in it at the end - 51%-49%, so that about 150,000 votes, pity that number didnt get out sooner frown.gif
    But, in fairness, the second he got out, craig went over to his downes syndrome cousin and told her she was going to america.
    Apperently she needs a heart and lung op and he had always planned to give her all the money if he won, something he had not mentioned to anyone. Enough to warm the coldest of hearts.
    rofl tho, Did anyone see it? When they had ppl talking about the remaining contestants, they had Zig and Zag talking about anna, and the Muppets talking about craig! almost shat meself, talk about apt :rollin

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Dustaz:
    they had Zig and Zag talking about anna,
    "She's not Irish, she's from Lesbania"

Best line that sh!te spawned.

Draco

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have to take my hat off to Craig - he may be a scouse git, but he was so genuine when he met his cousin. Can you see the big corporations lining up to fire all sorts of money at them? £250K they need he said - shouldn't be a problem now.

Big respect.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Advertisement