Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Subscriber Questions

Options
  • 28-08-2003 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi there, I'm thinking of switching to Sky after the trouble I've had with NTL. I have two questions that I'd be very happy if you could answer:

1/ What is the basic Sky Digital price? Installation and monthly rate. I think it's what Sky term the 'family' pack... all the channels minus all the subscritions, such as sports and movies. The Sky website seems to think their ROI service doesn't exist, or else it's difficult to navigate. I just can't find pricing for here.

2/ The telephone line used for interactive features. Is this like broadband lines, where I will still be able to make phone calls if it's in use, or will the phone line constantly be in use from it? If it's the latter, does it use eircom local rates, or is is freephone?

Many thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭loftus

Have a look at www.satellite.ie everything you want to know is there. The sky box will not take over your phone line you can use it as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

Thankyou, that helped nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

What are all these problems people are having with NTL ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭innisfree

I have no real problems with the service they provide. Sure, they've less channels, but they're cheaper.
    It's their accounts department. We can't put them on direct debit simply because we no longer trust them to be accurate. Each month are bill gets more rediculous and items start appearing that we're not subscribed to.

Advertisement