Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital remote control Problem

Options
  • 27-08-2003 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I set my remote control so I could use it on another TV but now when I set it back to the main TV I have a problem. When I am on the terrestrial channels and I want to go to the digital I usually press the Sky button but now when I press the Sky button nothing happens. If I want to watch the digital channels I have to press a button on my TV.

Any ideas how to sort this out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I was pressing a few buttons and somehow got it to work but now when I am on the terrestrial channels I have to change the channel and then press Sky within about 2 seconds otherwise it won't work.

Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mike33

When you have installed sky...Your sky commander is programmed to that tv.
    If you use it on another tv..it will work for the terestrial channels but to get the sky to work you would have to reprogram it.
    You should have had a booklet with sky which will give all makes of TV's and their codes.
    Follow the instructions for programming the sky commander.
    So to sum up.....for each different make of tv you use, you must reprogram the commander each time
    Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by mike33
    When you have installed sky...Your sky commander is programmed to that tv.
    If you use it on another tv..it will work for the terestrial channels but to get the sky to work you would have to reprogram it.
    You should have had a booklet with sky which will give all makes of TV's and their codes.
    Follow the instructions for programming the sky commander.
    So to sum up.....for each different make of tv you use, you must reprogram the commander each time
    Mike

I already programmed it back to the original TV, it works prefect except when I am on the terrestrial channels I have to change the channel and then press Sky within about 2 seconds otherwise it won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 THE_INSTALLER

Take the batteries out of the remote for 15 or 20 mins, put them back in & then try to program the remote again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I think he's referring to the fact that the Sky remote isn't changing the tv channel to whichever one Sky is on (on our old telly it was 9, so pressing "Sky" was the equivalent of pressing TV - 9 - Sky, though now it's on AV through scart), which is set up with the green button.

See here for more details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement