Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ok

Options
  • 27-08-2003 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭

we want to cancel ntl, i know tis a long process but well persist

anyhoo what do i need to do as regards getting my mother hooked up to sky, i dont really want to take out a second subscription, as all she really wants is the bbc channels etc

would an FTA box do or whats the story

shin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If all she wants are the BBCs then an FTA box will do just fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

If she only wants BBC, a few free music channels, lots of teleshopping and evangelical claptrap, then an FTA box will do just fine.

If she wants ITV, Channel 4 and five as well as the Beeb then it's more difficult - she'll have to have a Sky Digibox and card - they can be bought 2nd hand with cards off of auction sites like eBay - but beware - Sky changed to a dark blue card with a little yellow house on it lately. If you get one of the older light blue cards then it may be useless to you soon and you would lose the scrambled ITV, C4 and five. BBC is not scrambled at all so no worries there.

Advertisement