Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is RTE-N2-TV3 and TG4?

Options
  • 27-08-2003 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I got a second sky installed just a few minutes, but when the guy left i noticed that the irish channels are not there, on one its bbc london and 102 its bbc 2 england, i seem to have the english lineup with no sign of rte, while although i lke to to have to tne in bbc3/4 seperatly on the add channels menue, i would prefer to have rte1/2/3/4 channels!!

please help ??

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

a quick telephone call to the phone drones at sky will sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

1800 535767

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 johnmryan2

thanks a million - anyone else notice the 1800 number no longer works, there so cheep what does the 0807 or whatever cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I just dialed the 1800 number and got through no problem. It is also the number that they advertise for upgrading your subscription.

If they tell you to ring a different number, just tell them that that is the number you dialed. The calls all get routed to the same place anyway.

yes it works today it dident yesterday.
    I had so much trouble getting the second installation it was supposed to be installed a week ago and they arrived today.

Thanks for the help , i just rang and she sorted it out.

thanks again

• Advertisement

Originally posted by johnmryan2
    I got a second sky installed just a few minutes, but when the guy left i noticed that the irish channels are not there, on one its bbc london and 102 its bbc 2 england, i seem to have the english lineup with no sign of rte, while although i lke to to have to tne in bbc3/4 seperatly on the add channels menue, i would prefer to have rte1/2/3/4 channels!!

please help ??

John

Jebus, Lad, maybe I'm too late, but if you tune them in on other channels you'll have ITV and CH4.
    Would you not like to have them??
    If you've called Sky, your opportunity to have them may be gone.

mm

*whoops* edit I see you've already done the change :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭loftus

Same thing happened to a friend of mine bout 6 months ago. He found ITV Ch4 and Five and said nothing to $ky he still has them now all working fine

UMM... NEVEr thought of that Doooohh!!

ahh well...i doubt it would work cause ITV2 was there and it said service encriped or some crap....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Has anyone tried to ring up Sky and say that they are in England but they got RTE ETC... and ask for the english channels instead ( say you dont have a postcode ! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i did think about that about a year ago but then i thought what will i say when they ask for my address and phone number which they always do (with me at least)

• Advertisement

say that you are new and that when 998 came on screen you saw BBC ONE 101 ITV 103 etc ( they never updated the welcome screen )

or the sales rep showed you a leaflet with BBC ONE 101 and that he said it was definately right !

If it is a pakistani you are in luck !

(sorry about all the posts the edit button won't work for me for some reason ? )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by johnmryan2
    thanks a million - anyone else notice the 1800 number no longer works, there so cheep what does the 0807 or whatever cost?
    the sky mag has a list of 0818 numbers
    which are charged at a national rate

peak is 1.2 cent a min with a min charge call of 5c

Do the 0818 no's belong to some region ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i believe it is a national number like 1850, 1550 etc.

Advertisement