Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Text

Options
  • 27-08-2003 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

I got lurvely new Widescreen TV yesterday andconnected it to my Digibox. Perfect picture but no TV text. Sky text works on the sky channels and I tuned the Sky remote to the TV, but still no text with either remote? Does Sky broadcast text signals from RTE and the like?

easy now,
    moz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭eigrod

this used to happen to me too. On RTE you just got a black screen with a few of the page numbers flashing.

If you re-boot your digi-box (i.e. power it off and back on again) it resolves the problem, at least for a while.

It used to happen me quite a lot after initial installation, but doesn't seem to happen anymore (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

this happens to my grundig digibox on a regular basis
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Cheers Eigrod.
    Did what you said and rebooted the digibox.
    Text works fine now.

easy now,
    moz.

My Grundig GDS-310 has done this a countless number of times, plus some "anomalies" that have suddenly stopped! For example it used to constantly switch between the VCR SCART and digital tuner for no reason and flash the four lights :confused: .
    But one problem I still have is that it goes black and white on some channels, especially The History Channel and Biography. However this is a bug in the receiver and probably can't be fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The Grundigs do seem to have a problem with regular teletext. I've noticed quite a few posts here and there mentinoing teletext problems on their boxes. Grundig have said that there isn't a problem with the boxes. I tend not to believe them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by Karsini
    it goes black and white on some channels, especially The History Channel and Biography.

it is too easy to make a smart arsed comment here. i'll resist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    it is too easy to make a smart arsed comment here. i'll resist :D

lol:D yes indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Should I take "Mark of Zorro" back to shop? Only plays in 4:3 and B&W on my DVD....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I was dissapointed with the Harold Lloyd stuff. Like, whats with all that ragtime piano playing?? I wanna hear him! :ninja:

Advertisement