Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what on-line shop with sat accessories

Options
  • 26-08-2003 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm looking around for a internet shop selling satellite equipment. It could be either in UK (shipping to IE) or in Ireland. I want to buy motorised rotor (diseqC 1.2) for dish and mayby new LNB
    any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 beny

Originally posted by sayireland
    www.satellite.ie
    nope
    they dont have rotors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by sayireland
    www.satellite.ie

Thanks for the plug. I'm sorry we dont sell the motors you wanted, problem is we have not found one yet that lasts more than a year.

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 beny

Originally posted by Tony
    Thanks for the plug. I'm sorry we dont sell the motors you wanted, problem is we have not found one yet that lasts more than a year.

Tony
    but what kind of problems occur with the motors? Is it the wind? BTW they (in Europe) sell those rotors and users claim have no problems at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Zaphod

www.myersat.com

Have found them good to deal with in the past.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

mutliple LNB's on the dish or even spread over two or more dishes ?

Unless you are into scanning you'll find it more reliable (and maybe cheaper) and quieter to use fixed dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by greenman
    Try http://www.brymar.co.uk/

Used them to buy a motor recently. Fast and reliable.
    Manhattan 120 rotor.

Originally posted by beny
    but what kind of problems occur with the motors? Is it the wind?

You would need a serious storm to destroy the motor. They just wear out and are designed to do so. I was getting about 1 1/2yrs out of em with heavy use[using it for up to 10hours a day]. But for just general browsing you will get [i hope] an extended lifespan.

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight

Unless you are into scanning you'll find it more reliable (and maybe cheaper) and quieter to use fixed dishes.

By getting mutiple feeds you are only delaying what you actually want. you will want to constantly see what left and right of your fixed [:-(] dish and will always be itching for a motorised system.

Noise has never been and issue with the new motors.
    Manhattan are very quite.

Originally posted by beny
    but what kind of problems occur with the motors? Is it the wind? BTW they (in Europe) sell those rotors and users claim have no problems at all

cheap construction using plastic cogs which wear quicky. I have a sample rotor on the way fro Europe I'm hoping this will be of suitable quality

Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Even the metallic gears get some serious wear on them:

gear2.jpg

An actuator has less stress on it and is generally protected from heavy wind by being behind the dish and both mounted and bolted to a dish and the mount in a "stress" free way.

A fantastic review of rotors tested over a long period of time on Satcritics: here

• Advertisement

Originally posted by chernobyl
    Even the metallic gears get some serious wear on them:

gear2.jpg

here

Thanks for the link, very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

chernobyl
    An actuator has less stress on it and is generally protected from heavy wind by being behind the dish and both mounted and bolted to a dish and the mount in a "stress" free way.

My actuator is 5 years old in everyday use "touch wood" hasn't missed a beat!!!
    :):)

Capt'n Midnight

I use that system very very good for the main sats 28.2,26,19 and 13 degrees!!!
    :):)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/Dishes_and_Lnb_s.html

Superjack 12 inch actuator/motor for use with motorised dishes. Can easily track from 28 degrees east to 45 west on dishes up to 1.2m. Works really well with Channel Master and Triax polar mounts.

Price: €68,99 / STG£48.29 Including VAT at 21%

Advertisement