Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad News For International Credit Cards Holders

Options
  • 25-08-2003 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi to all.I just received the information that Sky doesnt accept any more international credit cards(Mastercard or Visa)For subscriptions.Acceptable only UK Credit Cards.
    Can anybody confirm this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭eigrod

I rang SKY to order a Prem + Season ticket on Saturday last and they accepted my VISA card for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Well, they'd have to accept Irish credit cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by DMC
    Well, they'd have to accept Irish credit cards!

They would, but only for Irish subs. What is at risk is here is the Irish resident subscribing to UK Sky using Irish credit card.

I suspect Sky are more concerned with continentals using credit cards - they don't offer any service to those countries at all.

So the question becomes:

Will Sky

a) reject any card that is not from 'Ireland and UK'

or

b) reject any card that is not from the same country as the intended subscription.

Option a is easier as they just need one additional 'filter' to accept / reject a card. If they go with option b they would need two filters, which might make it more difficult to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If they can set up a) and trace what country the credit card is from, then b) can be easily done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by magaiver
    Hi to all.I just received the information that Sky doesnt accept any more international credit cards(Mastercard or Visa)For subscriptions.Acceptable only UK Credit Cards.

Who did you receive this information from?

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by magaiver

This thread title is taken straight from digital spy and I could'ent find any source behind it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sven

I just called them (because I dont want suddenly see nothing) as I have a US card registered and they told me that there will be no problem with my card in future as I am an existing customer that has had an installation done at the place I said I live and as long as that address is a Seconday Billing Address on my Card (which it is). So I am safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Could be they cannot easily check the card holders address (save with existing cards obviously) . So they simply won't bother or their merchant won't bother.

This is quite common with US e-commerce sites.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 magaiver

I Called Sky Today,as i have a US Credit Card Registered and i dont need a bad surprise in the future.Sky accept any Mastercard or Visa,
    not only UK credit cards. Sky NOT accept Maestro,Visa Electron and other
    DEBIT cards, Sky NOT accept American Express credit cards either.
    :D:D

Advertisement