Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky & Phone Lines

Options
  • 25-08-2003 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Whats the deal with SKY and Phone Lines. When I got connected about 2 years ago the guy just connected the box to the phone, got me set up and took it out again. Will this affect me of I tried to order a Box Office event.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

no, just plug it in again to order and keep it plugged in until you watch the box office event.

you could plug it back out again straight after you order, but you wouldn't be charged for it. this might sound good, but if you continue to order stuff your box/card only has a certain amount of credit on it before you have to plug the phoneline in to upload your orders, and you'll end up paying for it all at once!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hi there, welcome along.

You do not need to have the phone line plugged all the time, your deal with Sky 2 years ago when you signed up, it wasnt part of the contract/enforced.

It is now part of the contract (for the past year or so) that you must have the phone line plugged in. But that is only for new customers. And it is only mandatory for it to be plugged in for a year anyway.

For you to order a box office event, plug in your phone line to the box, and when its ordered, plug it out again. Sometimes there is a credit limit of €50, which means you can have €50 of Box Office events stored on the card and then bills you once the phone line is in.

Enjoy.

No, Glennus, my understanding is that when the confirm screens appears when you have the line plugged in and it has called Sky, you have paid and you will be billed, its not stored. You dont need to have the line plugged in to watch the event. That works fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Thanks for that. As my phone point is in another room and I dont have a lead to connect from the box to the point can I just ring and order a box office event. Dont want to ring and start getting grief from them. Thanks again

Yes, but I think they've begun adding a "service charge" for all phoned-up Box Office events, as opposed to ordering with the digibox.

5 metre phone cable is less than €5 in a hardware store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by DMC
    No, Glennus, my understanding is that when the confirm screens appears when you have the line plugged in and it has called Sky, you have paid and you will be billed, its not stored. You dont need to have the line plugged in to watch the event. That works fine for me.

but don't sky only charge you for the event if you've watched it? as I understand it the box calls back when you watch the event to confirm.

Advertisement