Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you create a dedicated server in op flash resistace?

Options
  • 24-08-2003 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

As the topic says, how is it done? I have the didicated server patch for resistace but I haven't the faintest what to do with it once it's installed :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

afaik you have to edit the config file (flashpoint.cfg) or create new ones and lauch the server with the config filename and path as anargument.
    To then control the server afaik you must do it through the game itself...dunno really tbh.
    That's the one area I coud never figure out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

It's old, but the contents still makes sense.

http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1001939622/

This is refering to the older Directplay based server, but most of it applies to the newer tcp one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Thanks a million. I managed to get a server up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I've been messing around with it a bit more now... It has some cool features. If you login as admin:

/#login password

and then do

/#missions

it gives you a list of all of the missions you have on your local flashpoint install (and not those of the server). You then click on the one you need, it uploads it to the server and distributes it to all the clients.

How cool is that?

Advertisement