Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invacom LNBs

Options
  • 24-08-2003 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Tony, I guess you may have an opinion on this.

I bought an Invacom 0.3db LNB (in hope of astra2D improvements) about 7 months ago and it just died this morning. Ive had LNBs last up to 7 years or 5 yrs but 7 months is bad. A second colleague reported instant death on an Invacom.He got 3 days out of it and it just failed. Like me hes got a Nokia 9500 driving it which is a fairly decent receiver.

Is there an alternative 0.3 available.
    Having had 4 or 5 diff lnbs here over the years this one really is junk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

TBH I have not stocked the invacom as I think their figures are misleading, They quote a noise figure of .3 but this is not across the whole band IMHO the blueline from MTI is a better product and a lot cheaper. Is there not a one year replacement warranty? The MTI guarantees for two years.

Tony

Originally posted by telecinesk
    Tony, I guess you may have an opinion on this.

I bought an Invacom 0.3db LNB (in hope of astra2D improvements) about 7 months ago and it just died this morning. Ive had LNBs last up to 7 years or 5 yrs but 7 months is bad. A second colleague reported instant death on an Invacom.He got 3 days out of it and it just failed. Like me hes got a Nokia 9500 driving it which is a fairly decent receiver.

Is there an alternative 0.3 available.
    Having had 4 or 5 diff lnbs here over the years this one really is junk.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement