Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do I find a gay hairdresser?

Options
  • 22-08-2003 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭

I need to go find a gay hairdresser and go get a decent cut or some such (mad expensive? I normally spend 8.50).

I don't know where to find one (besides this place I was in in Washington DC, but that seems a little extreme for a haircut).

Al.

[edit]Spelling & stuff[/edit]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Umm may I ask why on earth the hairdresser has to be gay?! What's that got to do with getting your hair cut?
    Anyway, make a sweeping generalisation, and you can assume that any man cutting hair in any hairdresser (not a barbers') is gay and you're okay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by ixoy
    Umm may I ask why on earth the hairdresser has to be gay?! What's that got to do with getting your hair cut?
    Anyway, make a sweeping generalisation, and you can assume that any man cutting hair in any hairdresser (not a barbers') is gay and you're okay...

I said I was going to go to a gay hairdresser, and that's good enough reason for me. On Earth, or any other planet in this system.

Interesting generalisation.

Might do Merc, but was hoping to get recommendations from folks on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 no1lfcfan

I know where you're coming from. I find it easier to tell a gay hairdresser what I want and now that they'll do it.

Go to Tony & Guy in Grafton Street they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cool lfc, that's what I needed :)

And agreed, it was much easier to converse w/ the guy in DC than the girls in some places. I normally get my 5 euro back'n'sides down in Mayo :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah conversation... I just tell them what I want and don't bother with the chit-chat. And since I generally just want my hair cut, as opposed to styled (and the accompanying bill!), it doesn't take all that long. Ah sometimes I just don't feel gay enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

How much did it set you back Al ? I went to Cowboys and Angels near Powerscourt before and I think for just a haircut it set me back €55. No it was not worth it and it was a straight female hairdresser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

i paid €10 once and i was appaled that it cost so much, i usually never spend more than €4.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

Originally posted by yellum
    I think for just a haircut it set me back €55. No it was not worth it and it was a straight female hairdresser.

Was it a hair cut, or did she sculpt it into an animal shape or something? Why on earth would a haircut cost that much? My mind is boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

bloody hell, 30 euros is the going rate for a grils hair cut so stop whining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by solice
    i paid €10 once and i was appaled that it cost so much, i usually never spend more than €4.50.

I always gasp when I check out how much a dry cut is around here. €12.50 for a dry cut - A DRY CUT, FSS!!! Snip snip buzz buzz, that's €12.50 please for three minute's work (That's the equivalent of €250 an hour!)(and more than likely not the worst around) :eek:

And on the other side of the coin you have Sam's Barbers. €3 or €5 odd €uro for the same thing. Although gawd knows what sorta nits and, eh, stuff you'd get from all dem skangors gettin der hayor cut. :P

So I went and got me one o' dem home hair cut kits (buzzzzzz). And it has really saved me quite a bit of money over the last few years.

Anyway, back on topic, last time I was in Peter Mark there was a gay hairdresser (overheard the boyfriend discussion). But don't go to him - if you ask for goldy blonde he'll dye your hair copper. Twice :rolleyes: Actually I kinda liked the colour in the end.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I started going to hairdressers.

I was a virgin until during the week when i was taken on by Rosey who chopped, highlighted and styled.

Without the highlights, its €31.50 in Peter Marks.

I'm happy with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

i would have thought it'd be alot harder to find a straight hairdresser....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by oneweb
    But don't go to him - if you ask for goldy blonde he'll dye your hair copper. Twice

Fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

Advertisement