Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL - Moving up for college

Options
  • 21-08-2003 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just wondering if any one has any advice for me about Limerick.
    I'm living in Cork at the moment and have had my own flat for the last 3 years.

I decided to apply for Com Sys in UL through the CAO during the year, which i have gotten, and will be moving up soon. I'm well used to being away from the parents, so I'm really just looking for some scéa on the social scene up there.
    Which pubs/shops should I look out for, my pub down here is Fred Zeppelins, metal/rock bar, anything like that up there?

I like my online gaming so...
    *Does Limerick have a decent internet café???*

Thanks in advance
    /kudos

P.S. I'm male/22 so I'm not into student fresher type things, I'm only going for education purposes... honest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, you'll be one year behind me, assuming my repeat exam in two weeks goes well.

Dolans has some gigs at the weekend, usually catering to the "serious" music fan.

I've no idea about Limerick and /decent/ net cafes, despite my living here for the past ten years. There are a few spread around town but most of them seem to cater for the casual browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

a new gaming one is opening up above The Old Quarter <= pub

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

The main metal/rock bars would be Quin's on Ellen St. and The High Stool on Catherine St, I guess. Termites would be the club to go to but I'm not sure if that's still up and running.

I'm not sure about net cafes to be honest but I'm sure you'll meet some uber geeks in that Comp Sys class that can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

If you like Fred Zeps you'll fit right in in the high stool,
    To broaden your horizons a bit check out mickey martins, its in an alley of thomas street

As regards Clubs, Termites is still on but only on sat. nights afaik,
    but during the college year other clubs in town will be running rock/indie nights, The Globe is under new management and I've heard rumours of non-popcrap nights being run there

Net cafes, there are a few, but none doing serious gaming at the moment as far as i know, as has already been mentioned In comp sys in UL you'll be spoiled for Hardcore nerd-lans to go to

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

Cheers folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

The "White Rabbit" in Thomas Street has DSL, not sure what games they have but the setup is very good.

Enjoy your stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Kudos

:D:D:D
    If they dont have games now, they will do soon! Cheers limey, thats brightened up my sunday

Advertisement