Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porblems with a few Sky channels

Options
  • 21-08-2003 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Advice - help !
    I have had a problem with my Sky for the past three months, where I was having problems receiving some channels.
    Initially, my original installer came along and said it was the trees blocking the signal. I had these chopped and it didn't help.
    Then he moved the dish higher up on the house, replaced the dish (to the curvy type - I had the circular type) and the LNB.
    All worked fine for a while until...
    RTE1, RTE2, TV3, TG4,BBC1, BBC2 and 145, 146 channels come up with "no satellite signal being found" again.
    I have found a long winded way to fix, starting with 106 SKy One then choose BBC2 then BBC1 and then I can choose the Irish ones (Most of the time but takes ages)
    Had the guy out again and rechecked dish and signal is apparently really strong/high.
    Seems to me like its the digibox.
    Called Sky and they eventually offered to fix replace digibox, except took 1/2 day and the guys never phoned/turned up.

Anyone had this already advice /thoughts??

Cheers
    Redman

Advertisement