Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONE FOR ALL wireless thingy??

Options
  • 21-08-2003 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

I was going to buy one of these wireless extenders in Maplins in Blanch today for sending my Satellite down to the tv in the bedroom without cables.

It has been reduced from around €70 to €49.99

Just as I walked up to the checkout, I noticed that on their little special offer booklet, it said unsuitable for Pace Digital/Cable systems........... or something to that effect.

Seeing as my Skybox is a Pace, I left it back.
    Does anybody know why this is or what the problem is??

By the way, I wasn't sure where to post this and I chose here but if mods want to move it, feel free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There is no good reason why this would not work with your digibox. All these things require for the video sending is a scart output which the digibox has. The remote control part just re-transmits the recieved signal and as the one for all remote control handsets work digiboxes there is no reason to assume the sender is incapable of doing so.
    If it says that it is compatible with sky digital then it will work with any make of digibox regardless of manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If a box has a SCART out or RCA out with Composite Video, it will work with ANY video senders.

Some devices might be tricky on the reverse IR eye / remote, but any video sender will work ALL digiboxes and most VHS, DVD etc too.

You can wire up depending on your connections, DVD, VHS and Digibox and control all these and watch remote video on any of them.

Or indeed the output of a Security camera or VGA to TV convertor and most PC/Laptop TV out connectors too.

Advertisement