Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another record size tope in wexford (kilmore)

Options
  • 20-08-2003 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~beach/kilmore/Personal/Venuepersonal.htm
    url is updated so content changes- thats an 85lb tope!!
    "The best news of all is the numbers of tope in the Kilmore area. There have been some very good catches in the last week, with some of the boats picking up as many as eight tope in one trip. Tim Hazlitt from the UK landed one tope and lost another good fish while fishing aboard the 'Fiona Tee' recently. Then on Tuesday 11th August Paul Bates fishing from his own charter boat the 'Lady Allison' landed a huge female, which weighed in at a massive 38.6kg. This fished smashed the current Irish record for tope (66lbs), however Paul tagged and returned the fish, as a result he cannot submit his claim for the record."

I'm hopefully going out on friday-but I've been put to bed by the dr as I have a viral infection-and its got into my inner ear -which wouldnt be good out on a boat..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

jaysus thats some fish ent it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gerryphelo

hi there was just wondering can you catch tope off the shore around kilmore quay or where is the best spot to do so,im from waterford and never caught one before. if any one had any pointers or tips to catch one off the shore would be a big help.
    cheers gerry

Advertisement