Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay draft notice

Options
  • 19-08-2003 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,816 ✭✭✭✭

Some satire from Larry-Bob:

Gay Draft Notice
    This is your draft notice inducting you from the homosexual reserves into active duty as a gay.

This notice is to inform you that you have been pulled off the reserves into active service. Thank you for being a loyal citizen and registering for this draft as required by law. You have two weeks in which to set your affairs in order and report for active duty at the gay bootcamp.

If you feel that you are a conscientious objector to the gay lifestyle, you will have a chance to appeal before the gay draft board and present your case. You will need to present evidence of your conscientious objector status, such as references from your clergyman, photographic evidence of your protests against gay rights rallies, and notarized anti-gay statements. As in the past some have attempted to avoid this draft by feigning heterosexuality, the gay draft board is highly sensitive to such subterfuge, and it will no doubt be promptly detected.

It may also be determined at your induction examination that you are physically unfit to be a gay. For example, perhaps you are too fat, too ugly, too unfashionable, too stupid, too intelligent, too feminine, or too much of an individual to be acceptable to other gays. (Many who are rejected thusly practice mercenary homosexuality instead, but this course of action cannot be officially condoned.)

You may have been training with the RGTC (Reserve Gay Training Corps) in which case gay boot camp is a mere formality and you will proceed directly to the status of A-Gay, being invited to all the best parties, and wearing regulation designer uniforms. For those of you who did not enter RGTC, you still have the possibility of promotion through the ranks to A-Gay.

You may be wondering what your experience at gay boot camp will be like. There will be a variety of training to insure the uniformity of those turned out by our training. You will enter a mere homosexual, but emerge a gay. You will receive training in interior decoration, sex, disco dancing, gay-speak, drag, boot-polishing, body-building, color-coordination, cruising, penis pumping, and snubbing those who don't meet your standards.

In addition to physical disability, exemptions are also made for those in heterosexual marriages, those who are the sole means of support for their parents, and the untrainably fashion-impaired.

We thank you for patriotically serving your sexuality and look forward to seeing you in two weeks.

Larry-bob

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement