Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondhand digibox

Options
  • 19-08-2003 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I’m living in the UK and am currently sorting out an Irish sub at my parent’s address at home. So needed a digibox for this. I saw an ad in a local paper for a Grundig 300 box for STG£60. Just happened they were on the next road to me. Seen it working and it had an ex UK sub card in it getting ITV CH4 etc. They even gave me the minidish. They said they had it over a year and cancelled over a month ago. But I am thinking was this too good to be true. When I ring sky to marry my IRL card to it will they tell me its still part of a twelve month contract or that sub money is owed or even that its stolen. Then ill have to foot the bill for all this. Is there any way of finding out before I ring sky to marry Irish card? If I don’t get the Irl sub on it I could all ways give it to the folks at home to view UK TV with the UK sub card. Any Ideas? Also it won’t be up to a dish for about two weeks, will the card still work as FTV after this?

Comments

Have no fear.
    The Murdock-$ky rule of business usually is take the money ask no questions..

Just ring up pretend you are in Ireland or whatever story/address you have set up and fire ahead.

you don't owe $ky any money , they could not possibly have any legal call on you for someone elses unpaid bill, even if that were the case.
    Fire ahead :)

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mate

Thanks man. Rang up did the business. Now I'm watching RTE in London. $ky bloke asked for the digibox system details. I asked him why he wanted them, he said just for my file. He also said that Its just my name, address and card no. that $ky worry about not the digibox.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

From Day One even a £1 iinstalled user owns the box (but not the card). They can sell it on day 2.

They have to keep paying the sub or pay full amount to Sky, not anyone that gets the box.

Sky persue for the money off person with contract. (And they do, too). They do not want the box instead. You can't get out of contract by offering Box back. It isn't NTL or Chorus :D

Advertisement