Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula One on Sky?

Options
  • 19-08-2003 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,

besides RTE1/Network 2, does Sky broadcast F1 on any channel in ROI?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Are ye sick of Peter Collins ??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PsuedoSam

Just been watchin ITV's coverage for many many years and not ready to switch yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by WNxVolKraGh
    Hi All,

Thanks

there was F1 Digital + which finished after 1 year on Sky. presently there is only RTÉ that shows F1 on Sky in ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Hi All,

Thanks
    SKY are that miserable you can be sure if they do televise the F1 it will be 1) PPV or 2)Another sub increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Sky has nothing to do with F1 Digital. Mr. E shut down Bernievision last year. Although you could be right about the cost, I think Sky where charing more than other European satellite carriers for watching F1 Digital. The only way Sky could show F1 would be to negotiate access for the international feed and ITV may be a ickle miffed about that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Skyhater

Just been watchin ITV's coverage for many many years and not ready to switch yet...

ITV's Coverage????
    Bring Back the BBC Coverage I say!!!! Or at least being in a decent commentator - James Allen is Crap.
    Ben Edwards (Old Eurosport F1 Commentator) would have been a much better Murray replacement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Originally posted by Skyhater
    Ben Edwards (Old Eurosport F1 Commentator) would have been a much better Murray replacement!!

He is even on ITV now doing BTCC with Granada Sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Personally, I thought the Rosenthal, Jardine, Brundle & Murray coverage was a laugh!

Those guys used to crack me up.

There was something very sad about how good they thought they were

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by wolfman
    Personally, I thought the Rosenthal, Jardine, Brundle & Murray coverage was a laugh!
    Murray: "(insert superlative quip here)"
    Martin: "You're right there, Murray"

(sorry, far too much F1:97 played)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Didn't he do the F1 Digital commentary on Sky with John Watson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

He did indeed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

ITV's Coverage????
    Bring Back the BBC Coverage I say!!!!

Well said, I'd love them to get the rights back. Im bleedin sick ITV's ad breaks during their coverage. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

There are two rumours circulating regarding coverage of F1.

First. Bernievision may come back to sky, but that all hinges on if he can fit all the digital broadcasting equipment on one boeing 747 , as opposed to the four it currently takes.

Second. Is that BBC outbid UTV for the coverage for next season..... so we wait..............:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

celticfc
    Are ye sick of Peter Collins ??

I watch on the cable and listen on 5Live "fantastic"!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PsuedoSam

Thanks all. Answered my question and then some. I Personally think the ITV Coverage is far better than anything else I have seen, but then that is limited to RTE and South African Coverage. Ad breaks never used to bother me at all, as RTE and ITV would usually have their breaks at different times, so a simple switch was all that was required ;)

Advertisement