Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY changing packages

Options
  • 18-08-2003 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what is the deal with changing packages on sky.

I have it over a year and am on sky world.

If i change to a different package :
    1) if i reduce my sky package will it be changed today?
    2) if not when does it take effect?
    3) if it takes effect now, then what happens with the bill.
    4) if i increase my package does that happen immediatley and what about billing then?

Does anyone have the number for this in ireland. I'm at work and can't find it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can downgrade from day box installed with 1month notice. No need to wait a year. Only cancelling needs the 1 year notice from install date!

Upgrades or re-subscribes are fairly instant.

One of the other threads has the phone number.

Next Direct Debit is adjusted (for part of month on upgrade or down grade till next DD date) and then full change on DD after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

1800 535 767.

I cancelled Syy Sports a while back, and they offered two options:

1. Cancel immeadiately, and get a refund for "unused" viewing on next bill.

2. Wait until end of the period you've already paid for, then it would have been cancelled.

Try a call to them and ask, might be worth calling again towards the end of paid-up period just to confirm it will be cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Thanks guys,
    I think i'll give them a call.
    I'm going to cancel the sports because if i pay for sports i expect to see all matches but i can't watch prem+ games.
    The movie channels are having sound drop outs on sky+ so i'll tell them i want rid til its fixed.
    Just making my stand for all it'll be worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Genghis

AFAIK You have to stay with your new package for 30 days after the change - thereafter you can change again.

Advertisement