Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New version Solus Card Problem - Please Help

Options
  • 17-08-2003 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I changed my FTV card a while back, in anticipation of the swapover issues.

When I upgraded my subcard, I activated my new FTV Solus card, and have been enjoying ITV/C4/five ever since.

I tried to use the card on a friend's box last night. Although the EPG listed ITV etc, it wouldn't show the channels. BBC was okay.

Tonight when I put the card back in my own digibox, I got the following message:

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
    Insert new card to continue viewing.
    For help call Tel No on back of card.
    Press Back Up to cancel

This only appeared on C4, during 'Six Feet Under'.

The card is definitely the new version, number beginning with '1', and not '0'.

The green light seemed to be flashing on and off a bit as well.

Someone please tell me I'm not going to lose ITV/C4 etc.
    What actions (if any) should I take?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Leave it in for a day or so and see what happens and keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This may be of no use but it does sometimes solve similar "what bleedin card is this" messages that sometimes pop up when switching to my (V2 also) solus card:

Remove card
    Turn off box by pulling power cord out
    Wait a wee while (half a minute is plenty)
    Turn box back on
    Put in Solus card
    Press TV Guide button, All Channels and wait till it finishes its "Searching for Listings" thing

Mine always works again after that.

(odd that it's not happy in your friend's box though, may be a bad sign)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I used my P2 card in my sisters digibox last week and all the channels worked fine. I've had no problems with my P2 card since I got it (touch wood I would hate to loose five and Ch4)

Advertisement