Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats What U Call A Powercut - New York Etc

Options
  • 14-08-2003 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭

Amazing one little fuse blows in new york and the whole thing goes wallop

GB--

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think it was a fire or something that caused outage in NYC which in turn affected certain parts of the Grid. Don't think it was due to terrorist activities

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I suspect every news report will drop in at least one reference to the 25-hour NYC blackout in 1977.

There are some photos of the current blackout here. Might be a little more, er, fun when it gets dark over there in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Typical, they have to make thiers bigger than anyone elses... ;)Expect outbreaks of large scale policing tonight but I suspect not much looting or rioting.

NYC seems to be a quieter place these days.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I well remember the 77 power cut, and the - population explosion nine months later?-.. great stuff, great fun, eh,Whaaaa

P. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

FOX News are giving blanket coverage to this when those affected can't even see it :D

i think it's funny, call me sad. see if i care :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement