Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mail order question

Options
  • 14-08-2003 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone ever got any thing from 'www.creativesatellite.co.uk?

Anyone beable to tell me what there like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Personally, I think that Tony of:- www.satellite.ie
    would be the best person to give you a fair unbiased idea, as he most likely knows something about them!.

P. {You could try the PM route i.e. the private message communication method to contact him, or he posts regularly on this Forum.}

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Personally, I think that Tony of:- www.satellite.ie
    would be the best person to give you a fair unbiased idea, as he most likely knows something about them!.

P. {You could try the PM route i.e. the private message communication method to contact him, or he posts regularly on this Forum.}

Sorry I've no experience of these guys and as they are competitors I would be unable to advise anyway as could not give an objective view.

Sorry

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

loftus,

Well, at least I was right that he would give you a straight answer!, just could not think straight away who might know of these people, maybe watty*?.. and sorry Tony if I caused you any undue hassle!.

P.;)

No hassle, thanks for mentioning us

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Never heard of them.

I use Maplins, www.satcure.co.uk, wizzard Satellite (once), Walters & Stanton, www.satellite.ie, Magenta Electronics, Radionics (if I'm really stuck as they are EXPENSIVE), and a guy in Netherlands for some Chips if not using Maplins

I buy by recommendation and also check that the people have been advertising a long time in a magasine.

When I stopped wasting money on DVDs (Tesco, HMV, Amazon. Blackstar) I'll get a Quad LNB off Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I have used www.conrad.de and www.satland.de - the receiver I got from Satland had an overheating problem and it was replaced without any problems so they seem to be ok.

Originally posted by parsi
    I have used www.conrad.de and www.satland.de - the receiver I got from Satland had an overheating problem and it was replaced without any problems so they seem to be ok.

Neither of these sites seems to have an English section, and conrad has pop up ads which I hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aersat

Loftus

Bought a Philips Sky Quad LNB from Creative.No problems,contact Alex there.
    Worked out about 15euros cheaper than a well known Irish supplier.

Aersat.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by Tony
    Neither of these sites seems to have an English section, and conrad has pop up ads which I hate.

Yip.. they are both German sites. Conrad does have an english version at conrad.com but its stripped down, it also has a massive print catalogue.

Satland has quite a good forum for satellite buffs.

To be honest its not hard buying from foreign sites - phrases like Diseqc are the same in all languages - and lets face it people wanting FTA channels often want to practice the "lingo" ... and my eur55 analogue starter set was great value (2 yrs ago)

Advertisement